Question

Calories from fat etc

How does on calculate how much calories come from fat etc. if you only have the quantities in grams? If I know the product gives 32 cal in total, but has 0.67g Protein, 7.68g Carb, and 0.3g Fat (0.1 Sat / 0.2 Unsat), how do I calculate how much calories are from what?

Dear Calories from Fat, etc
Protein and carbs provide 4 kcal of energy per gram. Fat provides 9 kcal per gram. So the food product in question would provide: ((0,67 + 7,68) x 4) + (0,3 x 9) = (33.4) + (2.7) = 36.1 kcal per portion. The slight difference in the value you mention may be due to rounding or dietary fibre content, etc. Basically this product contains traces of protein and fat and the energy content is determined by the little bit of carbohydrate it contains. The energy value of the product is extremely low.