Question
Posted by: steve | 2008/08/05

Calories : Food vs Exercise

Re - The previous question in this regard, and your answer. I though the question was excellent, as well as the answer - and I would like to take it one stage further.

Assume you have eaten 400 Units of chocolate, and done 400 units of exercise, and theoretically burned up all the calories / kilojoules.

What baddies remain ? i.e. what other negative effects on ones diet (or eating habits etc) remain after burning up the excess energy produced by the chocolate ?

Dear Steve
None really unless eating those 400g of chocolate makes you cheat on your diet and start a vicious cycle which leads to overeating. If you have burnt up the energy ingested then it is no longer a factor in body weight control. If you start feeling guilty about the fact that you have 'transgressed' then there could be psychological effects, but I doubt that this would apply in your case.

1
Posted by: rene | 2009/04/29

I have looked everywhere and would like to know how many calories various exercises and activities burn.

Reply to rene