Question
Posted by: trying | 2012/02/03

Calories again

Doc I meant to say eating less than the recommended 1200 calories a day while u r on diet. Doe it going to affect my weight loss or not?

Dear Trying
Ok, now I understand what you mean. In general adult women who want or need to lose weight are advised to use a diet that provides 1500 kcal/day. Your diet at 1200 kcal/day is already lower than recommended, so reducing your energy intake even more could be counterproductive. Your body may stop its weightloss systems because it perceives 'starvation' if you eat so little. It is usually advisable to reduce your energy intake moderately and to increase your energy output considerably.

1

Dear Trying