Question
Posted by: Rose | 2011/03/25

Calories

I would just like to know: say you are 1.76m tall and weigh 130kg''s and would like to lose 60kg''s.
If you go on a healty calorie restricted diet of between 1200-1700 calories per day, is this maybe too much restriction for your current weight or about right?
I do not want to be eat too little for my initial weight loss goals. Obviously the amount of calories is going to change as you lose weight, but for starters, is it okay?

Dear Rose
In general it is recommended that adult women who want to lose weight should reduce their energy intake to 1500 kcal per day. This is not regarded as too strict a reduction and it should not hamper weightloss. You can basically stick to this figure for the entire period of your weightloss. As you lose weight and become more mobile, you can add 30 or more minutes of cardio exercise (brisk walking to start off with) to your daily regimen. Then you increase how much you exercise while keeping your energy intake constant.

1

Dear Rose