Question
Posted by: Mpho | 2010/09/07

Calories

How many Calories is:
B) 1 Boiled egg, 2 tiny strips of bacon and 2slices of tomatoe.
L) Tunna Salad (Lettuce,cucumber and viniger as salad dressing)
S) 2 strips of Lean pork and gemsquash

Is this healthy though? I hope I am not starving myself. I have over 40kg''s to lose and so determined, dont have time to be hungry all of a sudden.

31 yrs - 1.68m tall, weighing 118kgs - HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Dear Mpho
If you click on 'Diet 'n Food' at the top of this page and then on Tools, you will find a calorie counter to help you work out your energy intake from the various meals you prepare each day. Your diet sounds very reasonable - I would just add 2-3 servings of fat-free milk, yoghurt or maas to your intake to provide calcium. Seeing that your BMI = 41,8, it would be good if you can lose some weight. Once you start losing and get more mobile, also add some daily exercise to your regimen, like going for walks for 30 min a day. Start very gently and then increase how fast and far you walk as you lose weight and get fitter.

2

Dear Mpho

Posted by: 42yrs old woman | 2010/09/07

Mpho
Me again.
As a runner, I have 1 BOILED EGGS every other day, only the white for PROTEIN, the yellow will escalate my CHOLESTOROL level

Your seem to have an unbalanced meal plan, too much PROTEIN, less CARBOHYDRATES, &  LESS Good FATS, you are going to gain too much weight. Already, your BMI is in the OBESE class.

BACON falls in the PORK class

Your meal should have those three.

1 EGG = 78 Calories, PROTEIN = 63
Lean PORK = 252 calories, PROTEIN = 28
BACON = 541 calories, PROTEIN = 37

Reply to 42yrs old woman