Posted by: Fat pig | 2009-03-30

Hi Doc,

If i consume say 1300 calories /day no specific diet just counting calories will i loose weight.

I find ' diet'  foods very xpensive &  can' t afford them. Cant afford a gym either. I dont live in the safest part of JHB where i can take a morning jog &  i share my accomodation so I dont have room to do home excersices.

I have 20kg to loose.

Dear Reader
1300 kcal is a bit low and 1500 kcal a day would be better and more sustainable. You do not need to eat special diet foods to lose weight just stick to your 1500 kcal a day diet and cut down on fat intake and you will lose weight. The fact that you can't go to a gym or jog, is also not a train smash. Buy a skipping rope and start to skip every day for 30 min (you don't need much room for this). Increase how long and fast you skip as you lose weight and get fitter. No excuses about not being able to exercise now.