Posted by: Fat Mum | 2009-03-25

how many calories woudl i have to burn a day to loose weight effectively.

i' m 87kg, 1.7m tall &  female

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Mum

Excellent question! Generally you would reduce your calorie intake with 500-1000 calories per day and the best way to achieve that deficit is by reducing you food intake and by increasing your energy output. Usually I would never decrease a women’s calorie intake below 1200 as you then run the risk of malnutrition. Split these calories into 6 meals per day – eat some low fat protein, sufficient low GI carbs and do not forget the good fats! Fill up on salads and veggies to help contain hunger – they are in anyway high in nutrition!

Good luck!

Posted by: Fat mum | 2009-03-26

for argument sake kindly calc the number of calc in this unhealthy meal. Its just that I need to understand how this concept works in order to help me control my cal &  loose my weight.

2 cups of tea (no sugar) with full cream milk
8 biscuits - chock kits (my favs:-) )
120g chicken mince kebaabs. Grilled
1 beef burger - no chips

Reply to Fat mum
Posted by: Fat Mum | 2009-03-26

so whats the max no. of calories for my weight &  height (not taking into account the 500-1000 i need to ditch).

Reply to Fat Mum