Question
Posted by: LM | 2010/10/07

Calorie intake vs burned

I exercise twice a day for 30 min (Taebo). I consume +/- 1900 kCal per day. I want to know if eating less than consuming may be a problem for body fat reduction. I know that to lose weight you need to consume less, but I have reached my ideal weight, but just want that toned look. It might be my imagination, but for me it is as if my stomach muscles tend to be more visible if I do not have a big deficit regarding consumed vs burned. Could that be correct. If for some reason I eat way less than burned, it is as if my muscles are more hidden beneath my fat.

Hi LM

There's no reason for this to be the case, no. At least, i've never seen or encountered it. If you do reduce body fat, then normallly, a more toned appearance is the result. Obviously, that requires that you're also working in the gym on muscle development, but generally, reducing body fat improves that toned appearance.

So no, reducing body fat is what you need to aim for, along with muscle specific exercises.

Ross

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/10/18

Hi LM

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/10/18

Hi LM

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc