Question
Posted by: simphiwe | 2010-09-13

Calorie intake

I''m 29yrs old 1.55 meters tall and i weigh 105 kg. I just want to know how many calories a day i need to take in to lose weight

Dear Simphiwe
Generally speaking adult women need to reduce their energy intake down to 1500 kcal (6300 kJ) per day to start losing weight. Because your BMI is so very high (43,8) and you would need to lose 33 kg just to get back into the overweight range with a BMI of 30, I would recommend that you discuss this weight problem with your medical dr and/or consider bariatric surgery. Your doctor can prescribe Xenical which you can use with a very-low-fat diet, or you can contact the Bariatric Centres of Excellence in regard to a gastric bypass to assist weightloss, if this is a potential option. Contact Jana Derksen at the Call Centre for the Netcare Bariatric Centres of Excellence on 0861-623-7489 or contact her at: jana@pharmacallcc.com or call her on her cell phone at: 072-373-0155 or visit their Website at www.netcare.co.za to discuss this option.
Holding thumbs that you can start losing.

2
Posted by: Zama | 2010-09-15

simphiwe, I am same height as you, but more than half your size ( I weigh 49 kg). Leave your email address here, i can email you back and we can talk, sort of motivate you somehome, guide you with regards to diet and exercise if you don''t mind. I used to weigh 67 kg, in 2005 but lost all the weight. I am turning 26 in November...

Reply to Zama
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-09-13

Dear Simphiwe