Question
Posted by: Chris | 2010/10/01

Calorie Cutting

Good day

I need some advise.

Kg 90
Height 173cm
Age 29

I am currently on a low GI diet.

My question by what percentage should I drop my kj intake to achieve the weight of 80kg''s in 10 weeks ?

Please advise soonest.

Chris

Dear Chris
Basically people who need or want to lose weight, should reduce their energy intake by 2100 kJ. If you are a man, then a daily energy intake of about 7600 kJ should promote weightloss at the rate of 0,5 to 1 kg per week, esp if combined with regular, daily aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min/day. Seeing that your present BMI = 30,1 which is very high, it would be excellent if you can lose those 10 kg, because this would reduce your BMI to 26,8 which would be close to the upper level of the normal range (BMI = 18-25). The low-GI diet should promote weightloss esp if you ensure that you only use low-fat foods.

1

Dear Chris