Posted by: Kim | 2012-12-12

Calorie counting

I was just wondering say you were calorie counting is there a difference as to what kind of calories you consuming. For exapmle in the morning I have a very small cheese and ham sandwich at work which is 207 calories but I have a choice of fruit bran and yogurt which is 327. like the fruit one seems healthier but the sandwich is lower calories. I eat salad for lunch and a low card dinner. can there be good calories ( the higher option ) or can I have the lower one? if this makes sense.

Dear Kim
I understand what you are asking. But in the final analysis, the total energy intake for a day or a week, minus the total energy expenditure for the day or the week, will determine if you are going to gain weight, lose weight or maintain your current weight. However, it is important to select foods even when slimming that are healthy and also provide a variety of nutrients, so the fruit bran and yoghurt is superior to the ham sandwich in terms of nutrient density, but it does contain more kcals or kJs.