Question
Posted by: Nirry | 2012/08/22

Calorie counter

Is the calorie counter available as a spreadsheet? It''s quite hard to compare different breads for example.

I have also tried to access the SA food database, but it is unavailable.

Dear Nirry
I don't think the calorie counter on this Website is available as a spreadsheet. You can possibly check on the actual packets of bread which usually display all the nutrition information. If you purchase a loaf of individually baked bread (e.g. stone-ground or 100% rye bread, which may not have all the details on the packet, you can use the values of the bread that most closely resembles it.
Remember that 1 kcal = 4.2 kJ, so if the values on the packets are given in kJ, just divide by 4.2 to obtain the kcal value.

1

Dear Nirry