Question
Posted by: Ang | 2010-01-21

Calorie counter

Hi Diet Doc,

I am a 26yr old woman, weighing about 56 kg and am 1.64m tall. I' m not trying to lose weight, just eat right for my body (I tend to be lucky or something in that I don' t really watch my weight but am aware I' m at the bottom of the normal BMI range). I' m fairly active, but hardly athletic! I work out I' d say 3 or 4 times a week doing stuff mainly that keeps my heart rate up at cardio workout levels, or rock climbing (once a week for about 3 hours). I also walk a fair amount.

How many calories (kCal) should I be consuming each day? roughly?

Thanks so much!
Ang

Dear Ang
Your have indeed got a low BMI of 20,8, which is not surprising if you do workouts up to 4 times a week and 3 hours of rock climbing and a lot of walking. To maintain your present weight you would need to ingest approx. 8400 kJ or 2000 kcal per day, or even slightly more if you want to increase your weight.
Enjoy your exercise

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-01-22

Dear Ang
Enjoy your exercise