Posted by: vusi | 2009-09-18

I think its callouses its hardened skin in between toes and its painful. Is the medication or pads for that?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Vusi

It sounds like you have an interdigital corn. These can be very painfull and difficult to treat because they are formed by pressure from one toe onto the other. I see more f these in winter in my practice because people wear tighter, closed shoes. You can use a corn plaster to try to get rid of it. Just follow the instructions carefully because they have an acid patch on them. Do not use corn platers if you are diabetic. You can also try to use a pumice stone or emery board to reduce it. Or, go to a podiatrist who will be able to remove it for you.