Question
Posted by: taz | 2008/10/06

callenetics in benoni

Hi there,
i know it' s not Yoga but i' m looking to do callenetics - unless you can convince me that yoga is better..
i did callenetics from a book, when i was in std 8 and i just lost lots of weight from it and felt so toned and lean and " long"  and flexible.
what are your thoughts on the two versus each other?
oh, and i' m looking for someone in benoni - east rand, gauteng.
thanks a mill.

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Taz,
I am sure that yoga would give you those exact same benefits - losing weight, toning, flexibility - and MUCH more! health for your organs, including your skin, health for your glands affecting hormonal balance in the body, health for your mind and emotions! Its a great all rounder.
the best advice I could give is to try both to see which would serve you best now.

I don't know where you could find callenetics, sorry.

Listings in Benoni are below, each teacher is unique and their styles of yoga different, so call them and find out which would be the one you need to attend:
Benoni Durgana Inglethorpe Training: ISHTA, Teachers Training 011 472 5102
Benoni Heather Fraser Training:ISHTA, Sivananda School 011 973 4600
Benoni Wendy Butler Training: YYI, IYTA, BSY; Teaches at Westdene, Benoni 011 421 6107(h)
083 273 2510(c)
jbutler [at] global.co.za

Benoni Claudette Medefindt Training: Sivananda School 011 849 3301
083 306 5262(c)

Benoni Jeanette van Wyk Training: ISHTA 011 845 4254
082 852 9289(c)
yoga [at] lantic.net

Benoni Bronwen Coghill Training: Hatha 072 922 8784(c)
011 849 4357(h)
bronwen [at] be-balanced.co.za

Benoni Francois Reitz Training: Claudette Medefindt 072 126 6663(c)
011- 849 3927(h)
francoisreitz [at] sasktel.net