Posted by: minky | 2008-12-10

Calcium tabs up heart-attack risk

so this means that calcium supliments for kids are fine though?

Dear Minky
If your children eat a normal balanced diet that contains adequate amounts of calcium then they don't really need to take calcium supplements. If your children are not able to drink milk or eat yoghurt or cottage cheese (which are all rich in calcium) and can also not use other sources of dietary calcium like soya milks, then they will be dependent on calcium supplements to build strong bones and teeth. In such cases it may also be prudent to ensure that your children are taking a calcium supplement that contains both vitamin D (or spend some time in the sun every day to make their own vit D) and vit K2 (or that they eat plenty of green vegetables).

Posted by: Rose | 2008-12-17

I am post menopausal and have osteopenia. Calcium + has been prescribed, but reading your article re the danger of calcium deposits in the arteries scares the living daylights out of me! Where in Cape Town can I buy Menacal 7? Pharmacies have not heard of it?

Reply to Rose
Posted by: Minky | 2008-12-11

Many thanks for your quick respones, appreciate it. how much of these daily should do the trick?

Reply to Minky