Question
Posted by: Mia | 2010/07/06

Calcium supps when pregnant

Hi Doc,

What is the ebst supplements to take when pregnant. I need extra calcium. I was born with a club foot which was corrected at birth. Last year I went to visit the orthopaedic surgeon who advised me after reviewing my xrays that I had early stages of arthritis in the operated foot and the bone was far weaker than the other foot.

Please advise on the type of supplement i should take.

I would also like to know if I need to take folic acid supplements along with the pregnavit that I am taking. Which is the best supplement to take.

Thank you.

Pregnavit M contains folic acid. If you want extra calcium, you can take Caltrate.

1