Question
Posted by: janet simpson | 2012-08-23

calcium supplements

Can the effects of having taken Caltrate plus for many years in a post menapausal woman be reversed ie. ? build up of calcium in the arteries

Dear Janet
That is indeed an interesting question. I must admit that I have not yet read of any studies investigating if the deposition of calcium in arteries due to the intake of calcium supplements can actually be reversed.
I shall have to do some research in the literature to see if anyone has looked at this problem and has come up with a solution. Keep an eye on the DietDoc section of this Website, in case I do find some pertinent information and publish a DietDoc Topic about it.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-08-24

Dear Janet