Question

Calcium Supplements

I recently read an aricle on Health 24 (I think it was last week if I' m not mistaken) that said studies have found using Calcium Supplements can cause stroke and heart problems later in life

What is your opninion on this?

I am a 26 year old female and have been taking Caltrate Plus every day since I was 18 years old! I was under the impression that it' s good for you
Obviously, I wouldn' t want to take it if it causes stroke and heart problems as I have both in my family (Mom AND Dad' s side)

Hallo Anon
Only too high doses are dangerous in older women. You should not take in more than 1500 milligram per day, so if you eat lots of cheese, yogurt and milk products you probably do not need to use a supplement.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/03

Hallo Anon

Reply to cyberdoc