Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-02

Calcium supplements

I recently read an article on health 24 that said taking calcium supplements are bad for you. Apparently it can cause stroke and heart problems
What is your take on this?
I have been taking Caltrate plus every day since I was 18 (26 year old female)

Hallo Anon
It is only in elderly women, and only if you take in much more than you need. At your age, you should be taking in 1200 milligrams per day, so if you eat yogurt and cheese and milk daily, you should only take a small amount of calcium supplement. Your total calcium intake should not be more than 1500 milligrams per day.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-02

Hallo Anon

Reply to cyberdoc