Question
Posted by: suzan | 2011-01-20

CALCIUM SUPPLEMENT

Hi doc, my 20 month old son does not want to drink milk anymore and only weighs 10 kg. Can u pls recommend a calium supplemnt for him.

thanks

Dear Suzan
There are a variety of calcium supplements available for infants, such as Calcium Sandoz. Because your son is only 20 months old I would recommend that you discuss the use of calcium supplements with your pharmacist so that you use the correct dosage for his age. If your son only weighs 10 kg he seems a bit underweight and it may also be a good idea to have him and his dietary intake assessed by a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-20

Dear Suzan