Question
Posted by: KV | 2009-07-30

Calcium and Magnesium supplements

Hi there. My husband (26 years old, asian) has started having a problem with cramping in his legs at night, while sleeping. Cyberdoc suggested he take Calcium and Magnesium supplements. I bought him a packet of calcium+magnesium supplements, but the problem is that is that he is on Roaccutane (40mg, he may have to increase it soon to 60mg) and the supplement i bought has " 300iu"  of Vitamin A - which will only make the Roaccutane effects " worse"  - can you suggest a supplement that doesnt have Vitamin A? Or will " 300iu"  not be a problem? I am not sure who to ask this - please could you assist? Thanks

Expert ImagePharmacist

I'd avise against any additional vitamin A supplements while on Roaccutane. Solal's Bio-CalMag or Fithealth's are both reputable products.

1
Posted by: Cramps | 2009-08-04

I dont know if this will work but for years I struggled with cramping at night especially in hot weather and after doing a lot of activity where I sweated a great deal during the day.
I found when I do then I drink a lot of Energade afterwards as it puts back the minerals I seem to lose during the day.
I use the Energade which you dilute with water.
But I dont know how that will affect the Roaccutane.

Reply to Cramps