Question
Posted by: Annie | 2012/06/18

calcium &  protien during pregnancy

I am about 14 weeks pregnant.
I take pregnancy vitimins and additional calcium and omega.

My morningsickness is much better, but I still can''t manange to drink milk. I force myself to have cereal with milk in the morning, but nothing else. No yogurt, no cheese, not even milk in my tea.
Will my baby get enough calcium? Will this have a bad effect in the long run? Can I take two calsium tablets to be sure?

Also, the last three weeks I really struggle to eat meat. I manage chicken but nothing else, and I have to really force myself to eat chicken twice a week.
How bad is this for babies development?

Also, it seems a new pregnancy symptom is heartburn, can I take gaviscon or should I clear it with my gyne first? My previous pregnancy I drank milk for heartburn, but this time it is not possible.

Perhaps I should also mention that I am expecting twins.

These symptoms should get better as a th pregnancy progresses. Stick with one calcium tablet for the moment, and Gaviscon is fine.You should also take extra iron and folate.

1