Question
Posted by: DukanFan | 2012-07-12

Cake invention

Hi there, I''ve been on the dukan diet for the past few weeks with amazing results however I found myself craving chocolate last night. I made a cake using the following ingredients (in the microwave) and I was wondering if you could tell me, from a nutritional point of view, if this is a viable option for the dukan diet when you just need some chocolate in your life.
Ingredients:
11/2 tbsp. oat bran
11/2 tbsp. cocoa
1 egg
1tsp crunchy peanut butter
1/12 tbsp granulated splenda

I feel as though the ingredients, with the exception of the peanut butter are pretty close to the dukan requirements but is there just too many fat and calories in this?

Dear DukanFan
I do not think that having 1 tsp of peanut butter as the representative of 'fats' in this little treat, is going to sabotage your Dukan diet. So relax and enjoy your novel chocolate 'delight'.
Stressing about the energy or fat content will release stress hormones like cortisol in the body which can lead to water retention which will make you weigh more and get you even more stressed. If you acknowledge that you sometimes need a little treat like this and then return to whatever diet you decide to use without stressing and feeling mega-guilty, then you will achieve your goals more rapidly.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-07-12

Dear DukanFan