Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2008/09/19

Caffine making me sleep?

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone else feels sleepy after drinking caffeine? I used to drink tons of coffee, is it possible that I' ve developed an immunity to caffeine? The only time it keeps me awake is if I have sugar with it.
Thanks,
Wondering

Dear Wondering
I have not heard of anyone who gets sleepy after drinking caffeine, in fact most people report the opposite that they cannot sleep after taking caffeine. You may suffer from low blood sugar problems which make you feel sleepy and when you have a hot drink with sugar in it, the sugar increases your blood sugar levels thus making you feel perkier. Ask your dr to test your blood sugar levels to see if there is a problem.

2
Posted by: Claire | 2008/10/30

Im Sleepy all the time but at night when it is time to go to bed i
cant sleep and i am a verry light sleeper.
what can i do i am faling a sleep at work
and i cant get up in the mornings

Reply to Claire
Posted by: Wondering | 2008/09/19

Thanks DietDoc. I have had my blood sugar levels tested and they are fine :) When I do drink sugar in my coffee I drink about 8 teaspoons - and I only do that if I really need to stay awake. Quite sure that it is the sugar spike that keeps me buzzing. The same holds true for Coke vs. Coke-light - the former keeps me awake, while the latter puts me to sleep.

Reply to Wondering