Posted by: JM | 2009-02-05

I would like to know if caffeine can slow down weightloss?
i started weighless on the 7th of jan and the firste 2 weeks the weighloss was good 3.6 and 1.2 (that was during rebalance - no caffeine was allowed) but the pass two weeks it was slower 0.6 and 0.4kg (i did drink coffee max of 3 cups a day) My groupleade suggested that I swop my meals around like breakfast for lunch ect.
Isn' t this to early for ' n slow down ? I have 46.4kg to go before reaching goal weight.

thanks for the advice.

Dear JM
Caffeine does not slow down weightloss. In fact it can raise your basic metabolic rate slightly because it is after all, a stimulant. So I think that has happened here is that you had very dramatic weightloss during the first 2 weeks, but that you have now slowed down to a steady loss rate. It is perfectly normal to lose about 0,5 kg per week and slow, but steady weightloss is preferable to a rapid loss which can lead to just as rapid a regain. So stick to your diet and persevere. If you feel up to it, try and do some physical activity like going for a walk once a day for about 30 min. Start slowly and then increase how fast and far you walk as you lose more weight and get fitter.
Hang in there