Question
Posted by: Preggies | 2010/11/02

Caffeine &  pregnant

Hi, Doc

Do you maybe have a list that indicates the caffeine content of a variety drinks per serving, especially coffee?

Dear Preggies
Congratulations on your pregnancy. I don't specifically have a list of the caffeine content of various drinks, but one of my reference books states the following: the caffeine content of tea varies between 50 and 80 mg per 150 ml cup; coffee made with ground beans contains about 100 mg of caffeine, while instant coffee contains about 20 to 40 mg caffeine per gram of powder (multiply by 5 if you use a 1 g teaspoon of instant coffee). Cacao and chocolate may also contain small amounts of caffeine.

1

Dear Preggies