Question
Posted by: Justin | 2011/04/01

Caffeine

Good day

I battle with kicking caffeine. The reason why I want to stop drinking coffee, is that I get rather serious anxiety, paranoia, and slight psychosis from it. I love the kick it gives me which makes it hard, and I''''ve become dependant on it. I''''ve tried cold turkey, lasted a day or 2 max, then started again. It is actually becoming a problem, as I battle to be comfortable in meetings at work, or focus on one thing at a time, it even affects my interaction with people. Where do I begin? Or how can I approach this? Any advice will be appreciated.

Knd regards
Justin

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Thank you for your post.
Caffeine, like any other drug is difficult to stop and withdrawal symptoms may occur. We recommend that you cut down and don't stop suddenly. You may experience headaches, nausea and anxiety, though these symptoms of withdrawal will pass. Drink herbal teas and if the symptoms persist we suggest
visiting a doctor.
Warm regards
The Harmony Team

1
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2011/04/20

Thank you for your post.
visiting a doctor.
Warm regards
The Harmony Team

Reply to Addictions expert