Question
Posted by: Vin | 2008/06/29

caesar due to medical history

I am 6months preg. after my 7th cycle of IVF and AI. Amnio results show no abnormalities. I am turning 40yrs. in December. I have been advised by two gynocologists to have a caezar due my history of 5 miscarraiges and my age. I dont have an issue with this but would like more clarity. I would also like to know when a caesar is recommended i have been given 9 Oct and 20 Oct for a caesar - the babies due date is 27 Oct.

I think that you are being advised to have a caesarean because your doctors want to avoid any small risks that may occur during labour, e.g. cord prolapse or tearing loose of the placenta. Though these are not very frequent, they cannot be predicted and you have tried very hard to have this pregnancy. Generally caesareans are done at 38=39 weeks. If the due date is definitely 27 October, then 20 October would be the usual time to do the caesarean, barring any complications before then.