Question
Posted by: Hylton | 2012/09/27

CAD

53 yrs old, CAD ,2 stents LAD ,1 in first LAD branch.1 incident per year ,total of 5 , 8 angios , high Troponin T and ST elevations.Possible variant angina.BP and cholesterol well controlled. Non smoker,regular exercise.Please advise what my long term outcome is likely to be ?

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Hylton

I am sorry to hear about all the trouble that you have had. You have had a remarkable number of angiograms with relatively few stents, which suggests either that you do have variant angina or alternatively that some of your angiograms have been done because of non-cardiac chest pain.

Without knowing more about the general condition of your arteries it is very hard to predict what your long term outcome is likely to be but if your left ventricular function is normal and the general condition of your arteries is good then your prognosis should be good. Your cardiologist should be able your question.
Please try to make sure that your cholesterol is as well controlled as possible, aiming for an LDL cholesterol of 2.0 or less and a systolic blood pressure below 130. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards and best wishes, JT