I read that cabbage can increase oestrogen. Is this true and is it a good thing. I' m female and I love raw cabbage and other veggies.

Dear Anonymous
Cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli and other members of this family do contain high levels of protective phytonutrients. I am not sure if the phytonutrients in cabbage are also oestrogen-promoting as is the case with soya foods, but eating raw cabbage will protect you against certain cancers, so it is really worthwhile. Most of us probably don't need extra oestrogen because our water supplies contain such high levels of oestrogen derived from recycling water.
Enjoy the cabbage!