Posted by: Laura | 2009-06-22

Good day, I had the above surgery on 12/11/08 and find that I am still suffering from muscular spasms in the shoulder/neck areas. I am finding that my mobility of my neck/head is limited and painful. I have been for about 6 sessions of Physio but this has not helped.

I have been told that I should now go to a Chiropractor as this will help. Can you advise me please.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Laura
The fusion would have restricted some movement in the cervical spine - a chiropractor may help to improve what functionality is left, but don't expect miracles!! The physiotherapy was good for the muscular aspect of the problem and chiropractic may be of further benefit - but due caution should be considered in mobilising your neck.

Posted by: Meg | 2009-08-31

Hi Laura,
Would love to chat with you re. op. Am having similar problems...perhaps we can brainstorm together? Please call me on 084 9678 177

Reply to Meg