Question
Posted by: Lin | 2011/10/12

C-section at 39 weeks

I''ve started reading up on c-sections as I have to decide soon. I''ve read many articles that says babies should now be delivered by c-section only at 39 weeks and not 38 like gynaes always used to? Has this now become common practise in South Africa as well?

Yes, the trade off is that you may go into labour before then though.

3

Posted by: Zama | 2011/10/12

Hi Lin

My c-section was scheduled at 39 weeks. I''d like to go as far as teh previous poster this time around.

Reply to Zama
Posted by: heidi | 2011/10/12

hey lin, with my second pregnancy i booked my c-section for a day before her EDD. and as luck would have it, she came a day earlier than that, all by herself. even though my contractions started and was quite strong by the time i got to hospital, i still had a c-section. think its awesome if your baby can stay in as long as possible. obviously, if your baby is quite big, your gynae might want to do a c-section earlier. best fo luck.

Reply to heidi