Question
Posted by: MB1 | 2008/08/26

C-section at 36wks will baby be ok?

I saw my doctor last week (i am now 22wks) he said he will be doing my c-section when i am 36 wks. Isn' t this too early for baby to be born? Will there be any risks involved and what are the risks? I lost my baby last year at 34 wks and doctor said he is scared to leave me too long so he would rather take the risk to have baby born earlier. The baby is a bit big for 22 wks and i am rather petite and doctor also said he is worried that i might not have enough " space"  for this little fellow. Should i be concerned to have the baby at 36wks or will it all be ok? Will his lungs be fully developed. At what age is it safe to have the baby? I am sorry i have so many confusion because i am paranoid to loose this baby too. This is the last chance i have to have a baby and i don' t want to go that far again just to say goodbye to an angel. Thank you for the time and effort you take to answer all the questions

Your baby should be okay at 36 weeks. To be extra safe, you could ask your doctor to give you steroid injections just before to mature the baby's lungs. Many women have had caesareans and they do not have stillbirths.

3
Posted by: MB1 | 2008/08/28

Thank you for your replies makes me feel so much better. I read somewhere that previous c-section causes unexplained stillbirths. Do you think it is possible that that was the reason my baby died? I had a c-section about 5 years ago and when my baby died at 34 weeks they also removed him by c-section. Do you think this will affect my current pregnancy? I am so scared to loose another baby this is my last change to have a baby !!!

Reply to MB1
Posted by: VAL | 2008/08/28

HI THERE,

Am so sorry for your previous loss. Its quite ok to be paranoid. i would be too. But take it easy. My son was delivered by c-section at 36 weeks at 3,49 kgs. He' s was just fine and is a beautiful, normal 3 year old. I' m sure your obstetrician is recommending what is best for you and baby. Enjoy your pregnancy and don' t stress too much. All the best and my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Reply to VAL
Posted by: Nads | 2008/08/26

Hi MB1

Everything will be fine, you' ll see. Had a friend that had to have a c-section at 30 wks and the little one was healthy and survived. He is now 1yr old.
Just take it easy for the last few weeks and eat lots of fruit &  veg and drink milk for calcium, it will help you and little one.

All of the best to you!

Reply to Nads