Question
Posted by: Lin | 2011/08/04

C-section &  hystorectomy

I''m currently pregnant and will have a c-section. I suffer from PCOS and was told by my previous gynae that I will have to have a hystorectomy because of the high chances of cancer the PCOS brings, the pain the cysts cause, ext.
If I have a hystorectomy with my c-section, will I still be able to breastfeed my baby?
Thanks for your time!

It is not advisable to have a hysterectomy with a caesarean as the utterus is more vascular and there are more risks. You don't say how old you are, but the risk of cancer reeally only occurs after 40 years so I am not sure that it is necessary to have a hysterectomy right now.

2

Posted by: Monique | 2011/08/04

If they are only removing your uteris, I am sure you can, but I would suggest that you don''t have a hysterectomy with your c-section. It is a huge operation and you will need time to heal. Taking care of you baby will be difficult. Good luck.

Reply to Monique