Question
Posted by: wafa | 2011/07/09

c-section

Hi.I had a c/s and they used some sort of glue to close my incision(sorry i dont know the medical term)I have flab of my pregnancy covering the incision and so it remains a bit moist.doc said i must wipe with alcohol swab daily.Its been two weeks...i feel a numbness around the incision(no pain) but my tummy(abdomen) hurts and also have lower back pains. How long will this last and how long should i take voltaren suppositories for the pain.Any advice will be appreciated.DO i need bed rest and when can i start driving and moving about and bending?Thanks You

The numbness is normal. Some abdominal and back pain is normal 2 weeks after a caesarean. You should probably try switching to something like Panado for pain relief now.
You definitely don't need to stay in bed, though take it easy with lifting and bending till about 6 weeks. Driving can start as soon as you feel you can brake in an emergency without any pain ( usually about 4 weeks).

1