Question
Posted by: Lee-Anne | 2011/02/17

C -Section

Hi ,

I had my first C-Section a week ago , how long does it take to heal and the pain to go away?
Can the scar get wet when taking a bath/shower?
Is there any meds that I can take?

Thank You,
Regards...

It takes 6 weeks to heal completely. The pain should be much less within 10 days. You can get the scar wet after the first two weeks.

3

Posted by: Vixen | 2011/02/18

Hi, I had two c sections and because I brestfeed the Dr gave me Myprodol or the generic one of it. You will take two every four hours. You must rest though, or lets say as much as you can with such a small baby. Use these meds because it will just help you and it is anti inflamatory so your risk for infection is so much smaller. You can get these over the counter. Just note they tend to make you constipated, so eat well. These cuts will really only heal in a few months time, but you are not allowed to carry or pick up stuff heavier than your baby. So for the following six weeks let you hubby pamper you!! O and congrats!!! Enjoy your little bundle.

Reply to Vixen
Posted by: Purple | 2011/02/18

It takes about 2 to 3 weeks for the pain to go. You should continue taking the meds you were given on leaving hospital.

Not sure how long the wound takes to heal, but if it starts to go red and puffy or smell, then go back tot he doctor.

Shower in the beginning, but you should be able to bath when you are able to get up out of hte bath all right, as the dressing over the wound should be that waterproof plastic strip.

Reply to Purple