Question
Posted by: Lizette | 2012/02/22

BV

At my last visit, my gynae said I had Bacterial Vaginosis and prescribed Metrogel. I have since been on two courses of Metrogel and one of Canasten but the BV has not cleared. In fact, the symptoms seem much worse. Is there anything else I can do, as I am rather desperate.
Also, is BV sexually transmitted? The information on the internet is very conflicting on this

BV is thought to be due to a change in the acidity of your vagina which allows other organisms to invade and cause infections. Sex can cause this change in acidity but is not the only issue. You could try douching with yoghurt which contains live cultures to replace your protective bacteria.

1