Posted by: SINGH | 2010-02-23

Please kindly enlighten me what is causing constant buzzing in the ear. lots of medication was used nothing seems to be helping it is getting severve any ideas which you may suggest to help me. desperate

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Singh

This is called tinnitis, and requires an ENT examination to establish a possible cause. It would be helpful to have an audiogram done before your visit, as this may exclude or confirm some of the possible causes.
Helpful hints include the following:
1. Avoid complete silence. (have a radio on in the background)
2. Avoid loud noises
3. Do not drink coffee/tea or alcohol, as this may make it worse.

No medication can be used without trying to establish a cause. Your ENT can advise you on possible options.

Posted by: SINGH | 2010-02-26

Reply to SINGH