Question
Posted by: Boy22 | 2010/05/25

Buttock rash

Dear CyberDoc

I am a young male and was diagnosed with Keratosis Pilaris by a Dermatologist last year.

He suggested I continuously use Epi-Max PLUS cream which have kept my condition well in place ever since.

For about the past three weeks, I have had a patchy reddish rash on the side of both buttocks which slightly extends to the hips. However, there is no itch, burning or anything like that, just the reddish rash. Can this be due to the KP? It worries me doc!

Thank you for your time.

Hallo Boy22
I don't think it is due to the KP - it may be dermatitis due to dry skin, or irritation (chafing) of clothes, or a fungal infection. Rather let your GP have a look to see if you need prescription cortisone or antifungal medication for this?

2
Posted by: Boy22 | 2010/05/25

I forgot to mention that I also have a patchy itchy rash from time to time on my chest when getting out of the shower, but this disappears quickly until I shower again.

Reply to Boy22
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/25

Hallo Boy22