Question
Posted by: Pip | 2010/02/10

Butterfly vertebrae

My daugther (2 and a half months) went for a barium meal where it was noted that "  A scoliosis concave to the right is noted in the lower thoracic vertebrae with "  butterfly"  vertebrae noted at the T12/L1 level and right-sided wedging of the vertebrae from T9-T11"  .
Can you please explain this to me, and also what the long term effects would be.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Pip
This falls outside my area of expertise as we deal mainly with adults- please ask the paediatrician who looks after her to explain this to you in detail

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2010/02/26

Dear Pip

Reply to Healthy Bones