Question
Posted by: Smoke Free | 2008/10/21

But taking Strain

Hi CS

I hope you had a good weekend...

I just wanted to let you know the hypnotherapy was a pleasant experience...it may not be the answer but it made me feel good.

I have not had a smoke since Friday morning 08h36. It has NOT been easy and as the days pass it feels as though its getting harder to resist. Each day is a battle having to constantly tell myself I don' t want, I dont need. Today is extremely bad and I' m feeling very emotional but I know I need to hang in there.

Any advise on support groups, online or off line will be really appreciated

Thanks :-(

Hypnotherpay almos always makes you feel good ---that's its main function. A hypnotist who made you feel bad, would go out of business. What feels good doesn't always help. Congratulations on resusting the urge to smoke so far --- had the hypnosis helped a lot, I'd have expected you to feel little or no craving by now. Usually without treatment the experience is as you describe it, and if you hang in there, the craving does fade. As you notice, stopping is very easy --- it's staying stopped that's hard work, especially at first. Keep up the good work !
Have you looked at groups like Smokenders ?

2
Posted by: Ja | 2008/10/22

I gave up with Allen Carrs EasyWay 2.5 years back. The mind works in a strange way. When something doesn' t make sense anymore you somehow dont crave it.
That doesn' t mean that you wont have a hard time breaking the never ending chain of cigarettes.
What you are experiencing is exactly what makes smoking/nicotine such an addictive poison(yes see wikipedia). Stick it out - that nicotine monster at your solar plexus will die in a week or so.

Reply to Ja
Posted by: samantha | 2008/10/21

Hang in there. I stopped smoking for 2 weeks now and believe me I also crave a cigarette at times but realise that I have to wait for 3 weeks for withdrawal period to die down. I did not attend hypnotherapy but read allen carr' s easy way to stop smoking book. This is the 2nd time I stopped smoking, the 1st time was 3 years ago... and I totally enjoyed the benefits of feeling healthy. It does not matter how many times you stop as long as you made the effort to give up! So I comend you on this brave move as so many persons do not want to improve their lifestyles. Be strong and hang in there!

Reply to samantha