Posted by: jagparker | 2008-11-16

Burst Blood Vessel in the Eye

Good morning, CyberDoc
I woke up yesterday with a burst blood vessel in my eye. The parhacist told me that I have a puncture, he was joking, but said that there is nothing I can do about it It looks terrible and is very uncomfortable.
What would cause this, and is there really nothing I can do about it? Is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again?
Thanks and regards,

Dear Jagparker

Thank you for visiting

I am unsure about what caused the burst blood vessel in your eye. It can be due to blunt trauma while you were sleeping or due to vigorous eye rubbing. It will take about a month for the redness to dissapear.

Kind regards