Posted by: Mom | 2012-12-11

Burst blood vessel in 9 year olds hands

Hi cyber doc

My 9 year old complained about a sharp pain between her thumb and index finger, when I looked it seems like a blood vessel that has burst. It''s is the second time it has happened. It''s very painful and leaves a blue mark for a few days.

Is their any cause of alarm, she did not hurt her hand or bumped it, she was watching TV when she jumped up and complained about the pain.

I do suggest that you consult a doctor, as it is very strange for a blood vessel to rupture spontaneously. I am unsure about the cause but your daughter have to get a proper examination and possible blood tests. Ask your pharmacist for Thrombothrob to apply to the area. This will assist in disolve the hematoma/collection of blood underneath the skin.