Burst appendix 2weeks ago. Drain still draining 50ml+. Worried!

My Appendix burst 2 weeks ago today. On the monday evening I had it removed. on Thursday I had a ' washout'  on Saturday I was released with a drain and a colostomy bag. Its been a week since I' ve been home and the drain is still draining 50ml+ My doctor said the drain can only come out when it drains less than 25ml. I' m worried. Is it normal? SHould I be worried? Should I still be on anitbiotics? What can I or can' t I eat and drink? How can I safely speed up this process?

Dear Anonymous
What is draining out? If it is a clear light yellow fluid, it will probably take its own time and it can be normal. (If it drains blood or thick yellow pus, you should let your doctor know as there may be an abcess.)
There is not much you can do to speed it up - it needs to heal by itself and it is better not to close up the drain too early.

Thanks Doc. It is a light yellow fluid. Thanks for the reassurance.