Posted by: Pat C | 2008-11-28

58 year old female have bursitis on left a lot of discomfort at night
is there a cure?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Pat
Bursitis is usually the result of overuse of the specific joint. Try and limit the activity that may cause this and use some over the counter anti-inflammatories- if this does not help, I suggest you see your GP for a physical examination.

i have been having this pain on my right leg where the thigh joins the abdomen area, the doctor thought it might be bursitis, but after x rays he discovered the pain was transferring from my lower back to the thigh. the pain is sometimes so severe i can't put my foot down.