Question
Posted by: Misty | 2011/08/04

Bursectomy

Hi there,
Not too sure if you can assist me. My mom is going for a bursectomy operation. It is for a hip bursa and an arthroscopic procedure. What the general rate of success with this operation and have any deaths or side-affects been reported?

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

it is usually successful provided it is done by an experienced hip arthroscopist. Mortality is not a problem specifically related to this prodedure

2
Posted by: Wendy Donly | 2011/08/16

I broke my foot many year ago and now have developed a spur under my foot, which is quite painful when walking. Can this be removed through an operation if not what is the best procedure to reduce the pain.

thanks

Reply to Wendy Donly
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2011/08/07

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum