Posted by: Tracy | 2009-05-28

Burping and Diaphram spasm

Hi. I had my gallbladder out 6 weeks ago but am battling with burping all day long no matter what I eat. I wake up about 4am every morning with such pain around my diaphragm that I can hardly breath. I get up and walk around, burp and then it eases. I also have heartburn all the time. I have an uncomfortable feeling all the time and am dead tired. The did find a hyatis hernia when did an endoscopy but it wasn' t noticeably big. I am a bit constipated but not so much but am suffering headaches and nausea. Dont want to go back to my surgeon to be told its IBS and no cure. Its so frustrating. Im only 35. Feel 80. Any ideas on what I should do next. Antacids dont work.

Dear Tracy
Try using something like Gelusil - it has anti-acid, anti-gas effects. Also try to eat a low fat diet, as you now don't have the stored gall available to handle fatty foods. Try duphalac for the constipation ( it won't make your bowel lazy) or Fibogel orange. If the heartburn persists, ask your GP if you could try a PPI antiacid like Nexiam for a few weeks.