Posted by: Sara | 2009-07-02

Hello there Dr.

I get these BURP attacks, where I burp quite a lot for a few seconds, then it stops and then begin again after a minute or two. I find this happens especially after I' ve emptied my stomach and late in the afternoon. The burps are hectic and it' s really uncomfortable, it' s almost uncontrolable.

I' ve been for a barium swallow about a year ago, and they could not see anything wrong with me. I took some tablets you buy over the counter, LP422 or something, but they only helped for a while.

What can the cause be of this and how can I stop it!!!?? I' m a 34 year old female.

Thank you for your time....

Hallo Sara
Try using Dimethicone (Telament drops) or Pankreoflat 1 x 3 times a day. You may have a buildup of gas in the stomach