Question
Posted by: T | 2008-11-10

Burnt off warts

Hello Doc. Last week Thursday i had 2 warts burnt off my hand - one on little finger and one on pointing finger. The one has formed a huge blister and the other one not so big, but you can see there is a blister. Can i take a needle and pop these blisters or should i leave them? They are a little painfull and are getting in the way as they are on my right hand and i am right handed. Is there any other care i should take to make sure that the warts dont return? Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. Have a wonderful day.

Dear T
Rather not pop them, it just gives germs an opening to infect the area. Put a bandaid over it with some Bactroban ointment

1
Posted by: D | 2008-11-10

Do not puncture the blister as the wart will grow back if it comes into contact with your skin again. Put some cream on the blister to keep it wet. Below the wart is a little root that should die off. I speak from experience

Reply to D